17 V.I.C. § 262
§ 262. Powers and duties of Board
The Virgin Islands Board for Career and Technical Education shall be the sole agency for the administration of the career and technical programs in the Virgin Islands under this subchapter and the Acts of Congress referred to in section 261 of this title, and shall—
(1) cooperate with the Office of Education, within the United States Department of Health, Education, and Welfare, in the administration of all Acts of Congress relating to career and technical education, provide for the certification of private schools and programs in the field of career and technical education and administer all provisions of this Code relating thereto, as well as any other legislation pursuant thereto enacted by the Legislature;
(2) approve plans for cooperating with the Federal Government in carrying out any and all phases of the career and technical education program in which it may find cooperation to be desirable;
(3) administer the funds provided by the Federal Government and the Legislature for the promotion of career and technical education in qualifications for teachers and supervisors of such subjects, and, distributive education;
(4) approve plans for the promotion of career and technical education as an essential and integral part of the public school system in the Virgin Islands, and provide for the preparation of teachers in such subjects;
(5) make certification for payment of the compensation of officials and other personnel appointed under section 99 of Title 3 for the proper administration in the Virgin Islands of the provisions of this subchapter and of any Federal Acts relating to career and technical education, and of other expenses of administration of such career and technical education programs, from funds appropriated for these purposes;
(6) provide for the making of studies and investigations relating to career and technical education in such subjects;
(7) promote, maintain, and aid in the establishment of schools, departments, or classes for training in such subjects, prescribe the qualifications for teachers and supervisors of such subjects, and, subject to the approval of the Governor, provide for the certification, selection, determination of salaries, and appointment of such teachers and supervisors;
(8) establish and determine by general regulations the qualifications to be possessed by persons engaged in the training of career and technical education programs and for the articulation of this work with other phases of the territorial programs;
(9) do all things necessary to entitle the Virgin Islands to receive the benefits of all funds appropriated to the Virgin Islands under the Acts of Congress referred to in this section;
(10) prepare and issue rules and regulations necessary for the proper administration of this subchapter; and
—Amended May 16, 1957, No. 160, § 40, Sess. L. 1957, p. 32; Oct. 17, 2005, No. 6793, § 5, Sess. L. 2005, p. 354; amended July 19, 2013, No. 7495, § 2, Sess. L. 2013, p. 30; amended Dec. 31, 2014, No. 7710, § 10(a)–(c), Sess. L. 2014, p. 392, 393.
Virgin Islands Code Annotated
Copyright © 2020 Office of the Code Revisor, Legislature of the Virgin Islands All rights reserved.